What Are Good Questions to Ask a Prospective Surrogate?
Getting to know your surrogate
Surrogacy is an extremely intimate relationship between the parents-to-be and the gestational carrier. It is important that during this personal journey you and your surrogate are on the same page. It is best to ask these questions up front to know if they are a good match. Here are some of the best questions to ask a prospective surrogate.
The best questions to ask your surrogate
- "What made you want to become a surrogate?"
- "What does your family think of you becoming a surrogate?"
- "What does your support network look like?"
- "What kind of communication would you like to have?"
- "What kind of contact do you want to have during and after the pregnancy?"
- "What do envision your journey to be like?"
- "What are your values? What is important to you?"
- "What do you hope to get out of this experience?"
- "Do you have any questions or concerns about us?"