Surrogacy and In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) offer gay, bi and trans men the amazing opportunity to create biological families. However, each surrogacy journey is an incredibly intricate process filled with strange jargon, many moving parts involving lots of people, and a complex array of mandatory and optional tests/screenings.
Consider this webinar your introduction to the strange new world of surrogacy that you're about to enter. The insights shared should allow you to launch your journey with confidence and reduce feelings of anxiety and stress.
- A review of surrogacy and IVF terminology -- we break down the jargon!
- How to get started on your own surrogacy journey.
- An explanation of egg donation and the embryo creation process.
- A review of the 3 typical phases to a surrogacy journey.
- Discussion of the mandatory and optional testings / screenings for dad(s), surrogate and egg donor.
Moderated by GWK Executive Editor David Dodge and featuring our "Partners to Fatherhood" experts:
- Dr. Jerald S. Goldstein, Founder and Medical Director, Fertility Specialists of Texas
- Kristen Hanson, Co-Owner, Director of Finance and Legal, Simple Surrogacy