Everything You Need to Know About the Home Study — Originally presented as a webinar on August 6, 2021
Many people get nervous at the sound of a "home study" — the process all adoptive parents must go through before they can legally adopt. But those who have been through it often say it's one of the most rewarding and educational parts of the process.
Molly Rampe Thomas of Choice Network and Olivia Pope of Friends in Adoption join GWK Executive Editor David Dodge as they break down every aspect of a home study — and how to navigate it as a gay man or couple.
This webinar covers:
- A brief overview of the different paths of adoption.
- An overview of the adoption process as a whole.
- What the home study consists of and why it is necessary.
- How to get the most out of your home study.
- Things that may disqualify you from adopting.
- How to find an LGBTQ+ affirming adoption agency.
- Questions and answers from our live audience.