Webinar: Become a Foster Dad: Overview for Queer Men 05/05/21
Being a foster parent can be one of the most rewarding experiences you can have! But, like any path to fatherhood, it comes with its own set of challenges and considerations. In this webinar, you will hear from foster care experts and gay men with experience as foster care dads.
Trey Rabun of Amara and Fred Swanson, who became a foster dad with Amara’s support, sit down with GWK's Executive Editor, David Dodge, to give a general overview of the foster care system. Trey and Fred, who both have experience parenting through the foster care system as queer men, take questions from others who are interested in the process.
- A general overview of the foster care system.
- The main considerations for queer men interested in foster care.
- The advantages and challenges of being a foster parent.
- The next steps in your journey.
- What foster parenting is like from the perspective of an actual gay foster dad.
Moderated by GWK Executive Editor David Dodge and featuring our "Partners to Fatherhood" experts: