ALL queer dads are superheroes in our eyes, but we're still thrilled for the opportunity to honor a few stand out dads in our first-ever GWK Hero program.
After some truly incredible submissions, we managed to whittle it down to 8 amazing finalists. Now, we’re asking you, our GWK community, to help choose our winner.
Learn more about our finalists and be sure to vote before Thursday, June 17th!
- Bryan Glatt, a closeted dad who came out to support his gay son.
- Derrick Tolbert-Walker, doctor supporting HIV-positive and homeless LGBTQ+.
- Ed Peddell, cancer survivor who has fostered dozens of kids over the past 25 years.
- Ernesto Amaya, a foster father who took in a sibling group of four.
- Guy Gulotta-Gold, after undergoing a double mastectomy, Guy works tirelessly for mens’ health charities.
- Johnathon Miller, a critical care paramedic who was on the front lines during both 9/11 and COVID-19.
- Rich Kocher, U.S. Coast Guard for over 20 years, served during the “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” era.
- Rob Scheer, A former foster youth who founded a non-profit to give foster kids suitcases.